Researchers propose new strategy for nano-catalytic medical tumor treatment
As a human health killer, cancer has always had a high incidence and mortality rate. Overcoming cancer has always been a difficult problem to be solved. In the current cancer treatment strategy, chemotherapy is one of the most commonly used methods. However, the highly toxic chemotherapy drugs used in conventional cancer chemotherapy have a pharmacological effect on the whole body, causing strong toxic and side effects. The efficacy is greatly reduced. In fact, toxic side effects and multi-cycle chemotherapy bring greater pain to cancer patients, and even become the main cause of death for cancer chemotherapy patients. Therefore, it is particularly important to develop therapeutic strategies that are highly toxic to tumors, highly selective, and non-toxic to normal tissues and organs.
In this work, the research team synthesized a dendritic mesoporous silica nanoparticle as a carrier of a drug delivery system, loaded ultra-small ferric oxide nanoparticles and glucose oxidase in order to construct a chain-catalyzed A new type of nanocatalyst. The glucose oxidase in the nanocatalyst is a highly active organic enzyme, and the ferric oxide nanoparticle is a highly efficient and highly stable Fenton reaction catalyst.
Shi Jianlin told reporters that the catalyst uses the strong glucose raw materials and slightly acidic metabolic environment in tumor cells to perform highly efficient biological enzyme-catalyzed reactions and chemical Fenton-catalyzed reactions in a chain. In the first biological enzyme-catalyzed reaction, glucose oxidase selectively catalyzes d-glucose in the tumor to produce hydrogen peroxide and glucose lactone. Hydrogen peroxide, as a reactant for the next chemical Fenton-catalyzed reaction, is catalyzed by ferric oxide under acidic conditions to generate a highly toxic reactive oxygen species-hydroxyl radical. Highly toxic hydroxyl radicals can induce tumor cell apoptosis, while killing tumor cells without causing damage to normal tissues and organs. The results of in vivo animal experiments show that the nanocatalyst has no adverse effects on healthy mice within 1 month, indicating that it has good biological safety in vivo. In vivo toxicity studies of tumor-bearing mice, it was found that the inhibition efficiency of 4T1 breast cancer tumors and U87 glioma tumors reached 64.67% and 57.24%, respectively, indicating that the nanocatalyst has better tumor killing and inhibiting ability. This work realized that safe and non-toxic nanomedicine catalysts could generate toxic substances in situ under the stimulation of tumor microenvironment to kill tumors, and provided a new nanocatalytic medical strategy for accurate tumor treatment in the future.
It is reported that this research work has received funding and support from the National Key Research and Development Program “Young Scientists” (Nano-Special), the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the Young Talent Project of the Chinese Chemical Society, and the Youth Innovation Promotion Association of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Non-explosive water-based lithium-ion battery
- Lithium-liquid polysulfide mobile battery achieves "regeneration"
- China's first high-power offshore wind farm above 5 MW will be connected to the grid for power generation
- New progress in two-dimensional perovskite solar cells
- Researchers propose new strategy for nano-catalytic medical tumor treatment
- Experts comment on Harvard's discovery of "metal hydrogen" results: "Results are not trustworthy"
- Business Club: Japan plans to impose anti-dumping duties on Chinese-made PET
- Research progress on electrocatalytic conversion of carbon dioxide
- New progress in research of surface plasmon photocatalytic water decomposition mechanism
- Detailed criteria for the division of biochemical reagents in 2017
- Ministry of Environmental Protection: Resolutely fight the battle of comprehensive air pollution control in Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei this winter
- Ten billion graphene projects settle in Xi'an
- Chinese and American scientists develop strong "self-healing" rubber
- Industrial companies' profitability improves, supply-side reforms bring commodity bull markets
- New chemical materials should aim at three breakthrough points
- Chengdu has built 209 air micro-stations to monitor air pollution in all directions in real time
- New optical lens turns smartphone into microscope
- What is the price advantage of GS-Key?
- How does GS-Key's dehydration function work?
- Do I need to isolate white blood cells for whole blood (bone marrow) genomic DNA extraction?
- Can GS-Key be used for nucleic acid extraction only?
- Why can GS-Key reduce the hours of work (the time for DNA extraction) to one minute?
- Can GS-Key be used with kits from other companies?
- What is GS-Key
- Instrument Maintenance and Cleaning
- Use and maintenance of spectrophotometer